Friday, May 11, 2007

U of St. Andrews to host conference on "Beauty"


If only I had unlimited funds and unlimited time, I'd probably forgo schooling and just read journals, attend conferences, and scope out local restaurants in the world's great cities. As it seems improbable that any of you, our dear TLOU readers, are in the position to become my patron, then I must ask that whichever of you are nearest to St. Andrews must attend and record/videotape/take the best notes of your life, especially at Nick Wolterstorff's talk. I would pay good money to have that session. really.

3 comments:

Davis said...

Wow - this coudn't have come at a better time for me. Thanks for the link to this conference. The pope's recent Brazilian adventure had him relating the evils of sex and the desire of beauty as things to be eschewed. Beauty is central to my understanding of the Divine.

As I mentioned, Dan, you should check out a blog called Father Jake Stops the World.

Davis said...

BTW there's another blog from Tobias Haller of the Brotherhood of St Gregory called:
http://jintoku.blogspot.com that you might find a useful link.

D. W. McClain said...

Davis, thanks for the links. I got a quick chance to peek at both blogs this morning and will look closer later on.