Monday, June 4, 2007

As usual, Business

Last week, I posted a photo of Johnny Depp, from his role as Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean III. As a result of my inclusion of that photo and the current interest in the movie among the masses, TLOU has received a crazy number of hits this week. So, if you're new to this blog, and even if you're just here for the photo of Johnny, welcome. Hopefully you'll stay for the content, which I'll admit is not usually along mass-media lines.
AD and I are in the midst of a unit on Theology and Art in the adult education at St. Mark's. Yesterday, AD presented Auden's Ars Poetica, The Sea and the Mirror, a continuation of sorts of the Tempest in poem form. AD had originally hoped to record it and post it here, as our first podcast. Unfortunately, that didn't work out, but I think he plans to share an outline and/or some of the more salient points of the discussion - maybe he'll even share one of his Auden songs with us, so there may yet be a podcast!

I'm up next Sunday with a discussion of Balthasar's opus proposal, which I was delighted (and somewhat chagrined after reading a heft chunk of the Herrlichkeitto find nicely summed up in Love Alone. Per Caritatem has hosted a cool series on Love Alone, so please visit her. I'm really interested in Balthasar's turn to the irrational via the concept of Love to explain the core of Christianity and delineate the task of the theologian. So, I hope to share some of that with you all over the next few days (as I come up with it).

No comments: